- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic or roasted garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (packed)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl and let cool.
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and roasted garlic, stirring it all around to coat with oil.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt. Stir and cook until chicken is done, about 8 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, oranges, and avocado to the quinoa. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- For the dressing: whisk all of the dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss to coat everything evenly. Serve immediately. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Make ahead tip: This is a perfect recipe to make ahead of time because the flavors taste amazing by day 2. Simply prepare through step 3, cover tightly, and refrigerate overnight.
I got this awesome recipe from Sally’s Baking Addition, feel free to check out their site for more great recipes!